Thursday, May 19, 2011

SeaHorse Pattern Freebie

As part of theTBA Freebie Friday, I would like to share something from my Sea Life unit....
My Kindergartners are loving every minute of our Sea Life unit. We created a mural of the ocean for our classroom. As we learn facts about an animal, we have an art project to make the animal and add it to our mural. Sometimes the kids draw free-hand. Other times we draw together step-by-step. To make the Seahorse we traced patterns. Here are the directions a copy of the pattern we use plus a couple of samples to view.

Click image for printable pattern





5 comments:

Mrs. Davison said...

Thank you very much!

Miss Kindergarten said...

Gosh I love these!!! We JUST finished our sea animal unit but I will definitely be using this next year! Sea horses are so hard to draw!! Thanks :)

Hadar
Miss Kindergarten

Balbaugh's Besties said...

Thank you so much! We were finishing our ocean unit up this week and I saw your pattern this morning before I went to school, needless to say, my plans shifted and my kiddos made the precious seahorses which are now "swimming" all over my classroom! Super cute! :)

Cindy said...

Valerie,
Glad you could put this to use right away! I love when that happens! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Thank- you so much for sharing!