Friday, April 8, 2011

I Love Fonts...

This is a re-post I made earlier but well worth sharing here:
I really LOVE fonts! I really don't know what the attraction is, but for me, the more the merrier! ;-)
True story...years ago I went to load a new program on my computer and got an error message that I had too many fonts (about 750) and needed to remove at least 250 before the program could be loaded. LOL!!
I thought I would share with you some of the online places I like to go to find fonts. Maybe you are a FONT JUNKIE too! ;-)

Free Fonts from Kevin & Amanda;
Font for Peas They can take your handwriting and turn it into a font!





I get the cutest handwriting fonts at Fonts for Peas! kevinandamanda.com/fonts

They also have FREE SCRAPBOOK FONTS:




I get the cutest scrapbooking fonts at Free Scrapbook Fonts! kevinandamanda.com/fonts



SUGAR FROG FONTS (free)

Sugar Frog Fonts

I visit LETTERING DELIGHTS on a regular basis. They are a "pay for" font site, but they often run $1 specials!

Here's another site to turn your handwriting into a font. 

I will post more sites later. In the meantime, if you have a favorite site for fonts, feel free to let me know and I'll share it here!
http://sweetshoppedesigns.com/sweetshoppe/home.php?cat=294

6 comments:

The Posh Box said...

I AM A FONT FREAK.. yes... it's true.. I can admit it now.. before I would hide under my hoodie and look at them.. but now, I'm out in the open using them even.. I have thousands of them.. so if you need one, check with me first, I might hook you up! lol I'm a dork.. but I do have tons of fonts and don't mind sharing :)) lol

Cindy said...

Pamela,
Do you have additional sources for FREE fonts?? We love the price of FREE! ;-)

Robynn said...

I have purchased fonts from Lettering Delights and am trying to figure out how to make name tags from the ones that are more "graphic". Any easy directions?!? The regular black fonts work perfect, but it's the artsy ones that are giving me fits?!?
Thanks!!
Robynn

Cindy said...

Robynn,
Are you making the name tags from a template and trying to get the "artsy" fonts to fit in? Is the font one of those "DOODLES"? And also, what program are you using to create them?

Robynn said...

I am just going into mymicrosoft office word 2007. I am trying to do one of the alphabets. The fonts work great, I just can't get the alphabets to work right.

Cindy said...

Robynn,
I made a tutorial on how I use the alphabet sets in a Word/Pages document. Check it out under Using Alphabet Sets