Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My First Freebie

 I have really been inspired by the outstanding work I have seen from teachers at Teaching Blog Addict. I am a little nervous about sharing, but here I go...
 I am attempting my very first FREEBIE! This is a lesson for my Kindergartners to help with Non-Standard Measurement. It has a Sea Life/ Beach theme.I printed the pictures on card stock and laminated them.  Students can use a variety of small items  beans, Uni-Fix Cubes, small erasers, bottle caps, etc. as measuring tools. They just lay the measuring tool on the bold black line on each picture and record their findings on the recording sheet.
This is perfect for my Math Center!
If you are teaching in the classroom, or Home School, your Kids can have fun measuring.
I hope you like this lesson and find it useful.



12 comments:

Miss Kindergarten said...

Love it!!! so cute, thanks for sharing :)

Hadar
Outfitted and Inspired

Cindy said...

Thanks so much Hadar, I hope to get more comfortable with making these types of things for sharing.

Miss Kindergarten said...

i hope so too! haha jk! p.s. where did you get the cute graphics?!

Kimberly said...

I'm a new follower. Thanks for sharing!
Kimberly
Funky First Grade Fun

Ali said...

Thanks for sharing!! I am always looking for more ideas to practice measurement in K!

What happens in kindergarten... lasts a lifetime

Cindy said...

Hadar,
I got the graphics for this project over at Scrapin' Doodles. I would love to see someone do a LINKY PARTY of adorable graphics! ;-)

Tamara L. Chilver said...

Cindy, You did awesome! I can't believe this is your first project. You'll have to teach me sometime. :o)

Teaching with TLC

Julie said...

Too cute!! I'm a new follower!! I can't wait to see more of your creations!

Julie
Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

Miss Kindergarten said...

Cindy!! You need to make a linky party for cute graphics! go to this website and you can set one up for free! http://www.linkytools.com/

Hadar :)

Cindy said...

OOoh Hadar!! OK, I will give it a try! Being part of this group is challenging me to step outside of my comfort zone a bit! THANKS for the push! ;-)
Look for the party soon!

Sharon said...

I just found your blog and love the measurement activity. It will fit perfectly into our unit on measurement when we also do oceans.

Thanks

Cindy said...

Sharon,
Glad you found my blog and liked the measurement activity. I am working on my next lesson, so check back soon! ;-)